PTL/DB/Headphones Tribute Album

News, updates and suggestions relating to ptl.org

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm quoting the office...

my dad has been working in special ed for over 30yrs and I have worked with both adults and teenagers with mental and physical disabilities for most of my life. I more than most people know that using the word retarded is never appropriate...
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

RoyGBiv

Postby RoyGBiv » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:22 pm

I know that. Which is why I said "no, you don't." Your quotes indicated you were quoting something. I got that.

noah

Postby noah » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:10 pm

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:01 pm

meandthesea wrote:EDIT:

Apparently roy was also offended of a picture of herself giving srock the finger

Why me?

meandthesea

Postby meandthesea » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Well I assumed it was you since it was with your pics in the denton thread
its tiny body is see-through, I caught it swimming inside of you.

Hyacinth Thrash

Postby Hyacinth Thrash » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 pm

noah wrote:Hyacinth Thrash: have you ever heard of/used kunaki.com? I use it for any and all manufacturing I do and I love it. You can upload your art and content very easily, you can order as many as you want at any time, and it breaks down typically to only $2 per CD (unless you're doing orders under 10, then it's a little more. and unless you're doing really large orders, then it's less).

I haven't heard of this company. From looking at their website, I don't understand how an album could be professionally manufactured, though, based on uploading content. There is no glass master for pressing since it's digital, but are the cds just made from mp3s? Are they essentially just burned cds? I definitely think if you guys wanted to make a physical album that this would be the way to go for sure, though. Seems like a great idea for a company if they can produce at a high enough quality, and only the people who wanted albums would have to get them made.

Mattmon:
My dad has been a special ed teacher for over 30 years, too; good to see another one out there. Our people have got to represent!
#9 in your program, #1 in your heart.

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:59 pm

*drunk Post bare with me*

I am currently a 8th grade history teacher but I am pondering getting my masters in special ed. The problem is though that special ed is much different than it used to be. Right now it is mostly kids with autism, which is very difficult. It is such a mysterious disorder, I don't know if I would feel like I was making any difference. I will probably just get my masters in counseling because of this.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:34 am

man, i'm an english major at a crossroads about grad school. mattmon, tell me what to do.

Hyacinth Thrash

Postby Hyacinth Thrash » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:30 am

Mattmon wrote:*drunk Post bare with me*

I am currently a 8th grade history teacher but I am pondering getting my masters in special ed. The problem is though that special ed is much different than it used to be. Right now it is mostly kids with autism, which is very difficult. It is such a mysterious disorder, I don't know if I would feel like I was making any difference. I will probably just get my masters in counseling because of this.

Matt:
My sister has a masters in School Counseling, which kind of combines your impulse toward Special Ed with your impulse toward Counseling. She loves it and has just been hired to work at a school in London for two years, which she will leave for once she returns from taking students to Australia for the summer. Pretty awesome job compared to my orthodontic receptionist-ing. I'm sure she would be happy to tell you more about it in an email if you want me to get the two of you in touch with each other.

zach2000:
You should start a band and put any money you have into buying an old van for touring. But save a few bucks for a "Keep on Truckin'" bumper sticker because those are awesome.

#9 in your program, #1 in your heart.

TheAmateurMarriage

Postby TheAmateurMarriage » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:44 am

i didn't have time to read all of the posts. has anyone got 'diamond ring' or 'of up and coming monarchs' yet? if not, i'd like to do both or at least one. i'll do them as full versions (i'll probably play everything). none of this acoustic guitar shit. ;)

i saved latin

Postby i saved latin » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:46 am

TheAmateurMarriage wrote:i didn't have time to read all of the posts. has anyone got 'diamond ring' or 'of up and coming monarchs' yet? if not, i'd like to do both or at least one. i'll do them as full versions (i'll probably play everything). none of this acoustic guitar shit. ;)

we decided to throw away the tribute idea because of legalities that were brought up...so now we are just doing a .org music compilation of songs that we have just made up...
Last edited by i saved latin on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. "

-Thomas Jefferson

bulletproofpunch

Postby bulletproofpunch » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:03 am

CuriousOrgans wrote:Bob, or HT, off topic question. How does rhapsody music service work as far as royalties? Do the artist get a flat rate for having thier album up there or is it by the listen? If I leave a DB album on repeat does dave get paid more?

while in seattle, i used to work as a customer service rep for rhapsody, and i got this question more than once. unfortunately none of my superiors could ever give me an answer - the people at real networks are retar-- er, douche hammers.

theburris

Postby theburris » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:16 am

Awesome idea for a comp CD of originals.

I have a song called "Bad Dreams" that I just did a demo of. i will do a full band version soon.

mprovojr

Postby mprovojr » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:18 pm

someone mentioned a "themed" compilation of sorts... any other thoughts on that? or are these just random songs that we can submit?
I'm surprised this place still exists.

hippodelux

Postby hippodelux » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm

I kind of like the idea of a theme. If everyone wrote a song just for this occasion it would be really cool, but that might not be feasible. I think we need to find out how many people want to contribute a song, and then decide if we should go with a theme or not.
I want to contribute a song, and I'm cool with going with a theme.

Return to “pedrothelion.org”